Doing this product review on AmazonBasics Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer Tool, the question is, why do you even need one in your car?
Let me try and answer that question.
These types of tools have been around forever, but they weren’t used for breaking glass, they were used for center punching a piece of metal or material. Mechanics, welders, anybody that works with metal had one in their tool kits. The ones we used in the trade were spring-loaded to mark a spot. Sorry to bore you, but this tool is nothing new, however, but now there is a better use for this wonder.
So the difference now is, people use these same tools or some very similar ones for an emergency application.
- Amazons Ad on the Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer Tool reads — The emergency escape tool’s must-have safety components prove useful when needing to escape life-threatening situations like being trapped in a sinking, over-turned, or burning car. Offering ultimate peace of mind, the emergency escape tool makes a great gift idea for loved ones, and having more than one set helps ensure you’re covered just in case.
Another example is that most police departments, fire departments, they are all using these similar tools for Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer Tool. Their part of their emergency awareness arsenal of tools.
These professionals use them for breaking side glass on a hot car with abandoned children inside, or abandoned family pets and the doors are locked. In these cases, time is of the essence. There are other applications for this tool, but you get the idea.
Little History On Automobile Glass and why Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer Tool works so well.
A universal law between car-makers is the side glass in an automobile has to be made from a material that is hard but easily shattered in case of a car accident. So as hard as it is, and used as much as they are, they can easily be broken if pressure is applied the right way.
Being this article is about Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer Tool by Amazon, all different makes and models window hammers have the same similarities. “To break the side glass of an automobile and safely cut the stuck seat belt.”
But having said that, the dirty old center punch I use for work could double for a window breaker, but I need something a little classier looking and the new ones like Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer Tool by Amazon fit the bill. They have a Plastic Handle and a mounting Bracket for Safe Storage.
Now, remember, the average person doesn’t ever expect to get into a situation where you would need one, but for the price of one of these babies, “would you take a chance?”
If you buy Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer Tool from Amazon, my recommendation is, place at arm’s length at all times, drivers door panel, console or on the sun visor for obvious reasons. If the seat belt is jammed and you can’t remove yourself from a disabled car, have that tool really close.
- All window breakers and seat belt cutters do mostly the same job.
- Prices could vary.
- You should own one for emergency cases and keep it close to the driver area.
- Unless you’re permanently mounting the tool close to the driver’s seat, leave it out of the holder or bracket.
- Don’t get caught without an escape plan. The Amazon Basics Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer make it easy to get out of your car in a hurry.
- This window hammer makes for a Great Christmas gift for yourself and your loved ones,
- Buy today at AmazonBasics Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer Tool.
- I hope this review helped out from a Truck Mechanics point of view, and yes, I do have one.
- It looks like it would cut a seatbelt or break a window, but thankfully I haven’t had to use it in that capacity. If I ever drive off of a bridge and have to get out of my car in a hurry, I will update this review.
- Tested the glass breaker. Works well, even under low power, and a seat belt cutter blade is sharp and safe to handle.
- Essentially, the holster has no flat area on the reverse that one may use double-sided tape to secure it within the vehicle. Instead, it seems that Amazon meant for it to be screwed into a panel of the vehicle. While that would ensure that it wouldn’t go flying around the cab in the event of an accident, I’m not eager to start drilling holes in my car, and so I’m left wondering just how and where I’m going to store this thing.
So there you have it, AmazonBasics Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer Tool. Hopefully, you never need to use it.